Inbound Control & Receiving
Major features include:
- ProCLASS supports a true "layered inventory" system by
maintaining a separate record for each receiving into the warehouse,
each record containing quantities and weights ordered, received, and
on-hand, all costs and allowances, location codes, etc. These records
can be kept on-line for any number of years and can be accessed by
P.O. or by item.
- ProCLASS tracks the entry date and time, issue date, due date,
appointment date and time, and the actual received date and time
for each P.O.
- P.O. s due into a warehouse for any day can be viewed on-line
for a quick review of case, cube, weight, and pallet counts due to
arrive or scheduled to arrive, and actually received for the day. This
information can also be viewed by receiver, giving a picture of the
upcoming, in-progress, and/or completed workload and pallet
requirements per dock.
- P.O. and receiving registers showing totals by P.O. by date
range can be used for advance planning and historical
- ProCLASS provides the necessary reports and screens to track
and manage backhauls into a warehouse.
- ProCLASS can accommodate both fixed-slot (fixed pick slots with
floating, overhead) and floating-slot (multiple floating pick slots
for the same item) in each warehouse. An item can even reside in both
a floating, and a fixed-slot section at the same time.
- Put-away pallet labels can be generated prior to the actual
receiving of goods. Two-part pallet label design accommodates
receiving corrections prior to confirming the actual receipts.
- P.O. s can he partially received with a minimum of one slot for
- Receiving exceptions can be entered directly and the remainder of
the P.O. can be accepted as is. ProCLASS forces an input of received
weights for random-weight items.
- Expected expiry dates for dated products are shown. They can be
over-ridden at receiving time.
- ProCLASS will automatically allocate over-head slots for
fixed-slot items as close to the picking slot as possible.
- When assigning slots to floating-slot items, ProCLASS
automatically searches all the available slots with matching slot
types, and from those, ProCLASS will pick slots which best match the
item's movement category; fast moving items can then be assigned to
- When receiving "special" P.O.'s (purchases made for a particular
customer), ProCLASS will automatically create the customer invoice and
assign the received product to the customer at the correct
- Reports are provided to show the slot requirements based on any
number of days of due and/ or confirmed P.O.'s already in the
| Back to Executive Summary