Order Processing & Billing
Major features include:
- Ability to look up on-hand quantities for each item and its
substitutes during order entry.
- Ability to commit ordered quantities on any order without
depleting the inventory in the system.
- Ability to look up and to override pricing for any item and any
customer during order entry or order modification. Manual price
overrides can be disabled for specific customers.
- Orders can be entered online (voice orders) using item codes,
full or partial item names, or item UPC's, or via Telxon or similar
order transmission devices.
- Special picking instructions can be entered at order
entry/modification time for each ordered item; these instructions are
then printed on the picking documents.
- ProCLASS automatically assigns route numbers and delivery
schedules to each order based on the information on the customer
record. These standard values can be over-ridden during order
- Customers can be flagged as "inactive" in which case ProCLASS
will not allow any orders to be entered for the customer.
- Customers can be flagged for "credit approval" in which case
all their orders are placed on hold until the "held" flag is removed
from such orders.
- Ability to assign a processing priority to each order, each
customer, and each customer group; this priority will be used in
sequencing batches of orders during order processing such that orders
with the highest priority have access to limited stocks first.
- Up to 4 substitute item codes per item with the option of
specifying which (if any) of the substitute items each customer will
accept. An additional substitute item code is available per item and
advertising program, and this substitute is only made available to the
customer(s) on the ad program.
- Ability to set up item code cross-reference tables by customer
or customer group. ProCLASS will automatically convert orders placed
via the cross-reference item codes into the standard item codes.
- ProCLASS can accommodate "blind" ordering by selected
customers; a blind order is sent by a customer without taking into
account any previous orders which have not been received at the
store. ProCLASS will then automatically subtract the previous order
shipped quantities from the current order.
- ProCLASS orders can consist of any combination of orders for
inventory goods, miscellaneous charges, drop shipments, enclosures,
and display (promotional) products.
- Based on the type of customer, ProCLASS invoices will show
either suggested retail prices or portion costing information,
separate pages for major commodity groups or combine two or more
commodity groups on the same page (commodity groups are unlimited and
fully customizable), show freight and/or up-charges as bottom-of
the-invoice factors or include them with each item's price, show
refundable deposits as a separate price component or include them with
each item's price, show overall service level as well as service level
excluding short-shipped items for which the customer is responsible
(i.e., discontinued item orders), ...
- Ability to round customer orders for any item up or down to
full pallets. Three different pallet-rounding levels (both up and
down) can be specified based on the type of customer (order
- Ability to define any number of credit reason codes and to
apply credits to specific invoice lines with amounts defaulting from
the original billed price. Credits are then limited to the original
invoice amounts with no possibility for double credits. Miscellaneous
charges can be included on a credit note (e.g., restocking charges),
and the original invoice freight charges can optionally be excluded
from the credit amounts.
- Selected items can be flagged as "restricted", such that only
selected customers can order them.
| Back to Executive Summary